Here are specific, detailed answers to some of the questions we hear most often. If you would like more information or if we’ve missed a question, please call us at (812) 242-4611. We’ll be happy to provide you with candid, no-nonsense answers.
Westminster Village is a not-for-profit community specifically designed for a generation of active, independent-minded people age 55 and older. As a true continuing care community, we offer a complete package of services and amenities that enhance everyday living, provide new and enjoyable opportunities, and give you the tools you need to plan your future and make it more secure. In short, Westminster Village provides the right balance of helpful services and amenities at just the right time in your life.
At Westminster Village, you have the security of knowing that as you age, you have complete access to services and amenities that can accommodate your changing lifestyle, preferences and needs. You never need to move to another community should any aspect of your lifestyle change, including your health. With access to on-site assisted living and skilled nursing care, you never have to worry about where you’ll go for care or who will take care of you.
As a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the well being of our friends and neighbors, we think continuing care is the smartest choice you can make. When you move to Westminster Village, you enjoy several advantages, including:
- More opportunities. Easy access to activities and amenities gives you the chance to try new things and continue your lifelong passions. You can choose from hundreds of educational and recreational activities, join any number of special interest clubs, attend holiday parties and community barbecues, garden, take exercise and wellness classes and so much more.
- More ways to stay involved. At Westminster Village, you’ll meet many wonderful people who share your interests. Plus, you’ll find easy ways to share your time and talents. You can join or lead any number of committees and organizations, or start one of your own.
- Easier life. Life is easier at Westminster Village because you have quick access to the essentials—from banking and postal services to a hair salon and convenience store. What’s more, our staff takes care of the chores, including housekeeping and maintenance, and provides scheduled shuttle service to the grocery store.
- More security. At Westminster Village, you never have to worry about who will take care of you in the future. That’s because we offer a variety of services—from assisted living to on-site health care, all provided by our bright, highly trained staff who know and care about you. Of course, that means ultimate peace of mind for you and your family.
At Westminster Village, depending on your financial plan, you pay a one-time entrance fee and a monthly fee. Those fees are determined by the size and type of residence you choose, whether or not you have someone living with you, and which financial package you choose. We offer a wide variety of residential choices in a broad price range along with different financing options, which means you’re sure to find choices that fit both your lifestyle and your financial situation.
For more specific information about fees or financing options, call us at (812) 242-4611.
Westminster Village offers an all-inclusive lifestyle, which means your monthly fee covers virtually all of our services, activities and amenities. Here’s a sample of what’s included:
- Flexible dining privileges allows residents to use the plan whenever and however they wish
- Biweekly housekeeping
- Weekly linen service (for apartment homes & assisted living)
- Personal laundry (for assisted living only)
- All utilities, telephone hookup and maintenance
- Access to on-site amenities
- Complimentary scheduled local transportation to grocery store
- Property and building insurance—coverage does not include your furnishings & personal belongings
- Residential real estate taxes
- 24-hour security & emergency response
- Daily discount on health center rates
Other services are available for a fee, including:
Additional meals in our dining room, guest meals, takeout service to your residence, scheduled transportation for shopping and appointments, supportive care in your residence, valet service and the use of a carport.
Yes, it is reasonable to expect increases in monthly fees — usually annually — to offset increases in the cost of utilities, cost of living and operating expenses. However, you will be notified in advance of any price increase.
Westminster Village offers several types of living choices.
- Villas—The Villas at Westminster Village offer independent living with easy access to our community’s amenities, services and social opportunities. Available in two styles and sizes: 1,554 square feet with two-bedrooms and a two-car garage and 1,794 square feet with two-bedrooms, den and a two-car garage.Each two-bedroom/two-bath design offers a fully equipped, modern eat-in kitchen, porch or veranda, master suite, roomy walk-in closets and a two-car garage. Depending on which style you choose, additional features may include a formal dining room, den or bay window. The villas have new flooring throughout, hardwood cabinetry (oak/white/cherry, depending on the unit) in the kitchen and bathroom(s), electric range, side-by-side refrigerator with ice/water on the door, garbage disposal, microwave, washer and dryer, TV and telephone hookups, smoke detector, intercom and emergency call system, individually controlled heating and air conditioning, porch, dining room with living room and assist bars in the bathroom.
- Apartment Homes—We offer 175 spacious apartment homes in a variety of sizes and styles. The floor plans include: studio, one-bedroom, one-bedroom with balcony, two-bedroom, two-bedroom expanded, two-bedroom expanded-balcony, super two, super two balcony and super deluxe. While features depend on the floor plan, you’ll find conveniences such as a full kitchen, pantry, den, walk-in closets, washer and dryer hookups and a balcony. All of our apartments are pre-wired with cable and Internet to give you high-speed access and digital video recording (DVR) options. All apartment homes have new flooring throughout, oak cabinetry in the kitchen and bathroom(s), electric range and refrigerator with icemaker, garbage disposal, TV and telephone hookups, smoke detector, intercom and emergency call system, individually controlled heating and air conditioning, and assist bars in the bathroom.
- Assisted Living Apartments—We offer 38 assisted living apartments. Floor plan options include: efficiency, studio, one-bedroom, one-bedroom expanded, two-bedroom and two-bedroom expanded. Each apartment has TV and telephone hookups, smoke detector, emergency call system, individually controlled heating and air conditioning, and assist bars in the bathroom. Residents receive three meals each day in The Terrace Dining Room, weekly housekeeping, weekly laundering of linens and personal laundry, all utilities (including telephone hookup, maintenance and cable) and 24-hour staffing.
Westminster Village continually enhances its choice of services and amenities to accommodate residents’ changing preferences. Our current amenities include:
- Village Garden Dining Room
- Fitness center
- Club Room and furnished lounges
- Computer Center
- Arts & Crafts Center
- Hair Salon
- Village Shoppe convenience store and market
- Laundry facilities
- Individually secured storage units
Westminster Village’s calendar of activities includes a broad range of recreational, educational and wellness-related choices, all of which change from month to month. Here is a sample of the types of activities we offer.
- Creative writing class
- Musical performances
- Art appreciation group
- Arts and crafts
- Holiday parties & community get-togethers
- Movie & popcorn night
- Pool and ping pong
- Tai Chi and other fitness classes
- Card games Virtual tennis, bowling and baseball with our Wii gaming system
- Day trips
- Book club
- Social groups such as Men’s Brunch Bunch, Stitches & Giggles and Red Hat Society
- Volunteer opportunities, including joining one of several committees
- Educational opportunities through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- Support groups
- Worship services
At Westminster Village, choice is fundamental in everything we offer, including our dining options. Prepared with the freshest ingredients, our menus feature gourmet dishes, contemporary casual cuisine, homestyle favorites and decadent desserts as well as some delightful surprises. If you have special diet considerations, you can choose from numerous dietetic, low-fat and low-sodium offerings.
Each day we serve continental breakfast in our private dining room as well as lunch and dinner in our restaurant-style dining room. We offer catering services and a private dining room for personal entertaining and special events. Your monthly fee includes a flexible spending plan to use however you wish in our restaurant-style dining room and Club Room.
- Complimentary continental breakfast each morning
- Hot breakfast served biweekly in our dining room
- Restaurant-style dining with a fresh, flexible menu served tableside
- Club Room offers soups, salads, wraps, sandwiches and daily specials
- Coffee kiosk for complimentary coffee and hot chocolate
- Special event menus and holiday meals
- Takeout service available from our dining room and Club Room
- Private dining room available for personal celebrations
- Catering available for special occasions
It’s comforting to know that because Westminster Village is a Continuing Care community, you have access to a full continuum of care options—all in one location.
- Rehabilitation Therapies — You can receive physical, occupational and speech therapy. Whether you’re recovering from a fracture, illness or other condition, our rehabilitation experts and skilled nursing staff provide encouragement, specialized therapies and advice to help you get back to your independent lifestyle as quickly as possible.
- Assisted Living — Around-the-clock support and personal care is available to residents in our assisted living apartments. Services include, but are not limited to, help with bathing, dressing and medication management.
- Skilled Nursing Care — Our 78-bed, on-site health center, Westminster Village Health & Rehab, provides short- and long-term skilled nursing services in both private and shared suites. The center is fully licensed, Medicare- and Medicaid-certified and staffed around-the-clock. Professional staff and licensed nurses provide personalized care. Individuals have access to social and cultural activities as well as our community’s amenities and services, including three meals daily.
Yes, but unlike other types of senior living communities, you only pay for the services you need, when and if you need them. Westminster Village Health & Rehab is open to everyone however, residents of Westminster Village receive a daily discount on health center rates and are guaranteed a place should the need arise.
Most long-term care policies do not guarantee where you will receive care. Many well-respected health care centers actually have a waiting list. So, you might end up receiving financial benefits from your policy, but spend time in a health care center that you didn’t choose. Plus, long-term care insurance can’t give you what Westminster Village can in terms of access to an easier life, convenient services, and enjoyable activities and amenities.
In general, we’ve found that some long-term care insurance policies complement Westminster Village quite well. As a resident, you have priority access to Westminster Village Health & Rehab, and your insurance may pay a portion of your daily fees, making it a win-win situation for you. Check with your financial advisor and insurance representative to be sure.
Many people say they wish they had moved to Westminster Village sooner. Waiting too long means you end up missing out on many of our community’s great activities and amenities. Of course, moving sooner means not having to take care of a big house and lawn, letting go of worries about a future move, and relieving your family of having to make decisions on your behalf.
Most importantly, you cannot predict the future so planning is crucial to ensure you get what you want. With that in mind, consider moving to Westminster Village when you are able to make the decision for yourself, and before a health problem affects your ability to qualify for residency. Westminster Village residents are also quick to point out that moving when you’re younger makes it easier to acclimate to your new neighborhood and make new friends.
Westminster Village is a not-for-profit organization with a local Board of Directors. We’re managed by Life Care Services, a highly respected company with more than 40 years experience managing senior living communities nationwide. To learn more about Life Care Services, visit www.lcsnet.com.
Call us today at (812) 242-4611. We’ll be happy to answer your questions, send you more information or give you a tour of our community.