The last year has identified an industry need for connected safety solutions, and LCS has answered the call. Life Care Services, 40-year management partner of Westminster Village Terre Haute, Inc., developed EverSafe 360° as the new standard in overall safety for residents and team members. Harnessing fifty years of senior living industry leadership, EverSafe 360° is the next evolution in the endless pursuit of elevating the total resident experience. “Our latest LCS Signature Experience provides cutting-edge cleaning and disinfecting technologies and prioritizes every resident’s physical and mental well-being to create a truly comprehensive approach”, says Westminster Village Executive Director, Dan Smith. “EverSafe 360° is dedicated to addressing resident and team member needs during the best and the most challenging times.”
- EverSafe 360⁰ Indoor Air Quality – Westminster Village recently installed Needlepoint Bi-Polar Ionization Technology, proven to enhance air quality through the introduction of ionized air. Ionized air attracts particles and airborne pathogens making them more likely to be caught in filters and not re-circulated in the air. “We’re already enjoying the benefits in our Health & Rehab Center as well as common spaces throughout the campus.” Smith says.
- EverClean 360⁰ – Through a partnership with Proctor & Gamble, the team utilizes daily disinfecting of all areas referred to as “high-touch” using various sanitation systems such as electrostatic disinfecting and large-area sanitation spraying capabilities. Extensive deep-cleaning protocols are in place for areas more prone to exposure and that are of greater public concern, such as health center residences.
- EverSafe 360⁰ Common Area Flex Space – “We’ve reimaged the way we live and work together by maximizing space during emergency response situations.” Smith says. “This means creating outdoor dining space with the addition of The Crossroads Dining Patio, new seating and raised garden beds in the courtyard and new outdoor benches.” Repurposing indoor spaces allows for proper distancing and the 32-acre campus allows for large gatherings in an open-air setting.
- EverSafe 360⁰ Telemedicine – By utilizing telemedicine technology, residents can circumvent long wait times in doctors’ offices, limit potential exposures and avoid venturing out into less-than-ideal weather conditions. Every residence is equipped with a personal wireless network providing internet service needed to conduct virtual medical appointments. Westminster now employs 2 full time IT team members to ensure residents remain connected and Health & Wellness Nurse Navigator to provide standby assistance to those in need.
- EverSafe 360⁰ Engage – prioritizes mindfulness and the well-being of every resident addressing concerns affecting mental and emotional well-being. Smith explains, “Our Health & Wellness Nurse Navigator, Jamie Cusick, is a tremendous resource to residents in need of emotional and mental health services.” “During the more difficult times, our team members implemented many successful programs such as; daily wellness calls, door-to-door deliveries of meals, mail, library books and special mid-day, themed treat carts.” An in-house television channel provides WV administration an outlet for communicating updates, menus, exercise classes and entertainment directly into each apartment home. Educational nature walks, fitness challenges, and outdoor concerts continue to offer opportunities for safe engagement.
How does EverSafe 360° keep a resident safe?
EverSafe 360° utilizes a combination of best practices, real-time experience, and subject matter experts in a broad range of areas affecting safety and wellness. EverSafe 360° focuses on a unique blend of scientific and practical applications that work to create an environment that recognizes seniors’ risk and uses supported solutions to address the spread of infectious disease. EverSafe 360° has created a medical advisory board bringing together physicians and environmental specialists who focus on understanding infectious diseases, mental health, geriatrics, and epidemiology. This team of experts provides LCS-managed communities cutting-edge solutions to enhance resident and staff safety and wellness.
Who is LCS?
Established in 1971, LCS is a pioneer in the senior living industry and the nation’s second-largest operator. The LCS Family of Companies focuses on the development, operations management, marketing, sales management, and strategic planning for Life Plan Communities like Westminster Village across the United States. Westminster Village, Inc Board of Directors has engaged the management services of Life Care Services since 1981.
What does EverSafe 360° mean for a future resident?
Future residents can be assured that Westminster Village is focused on doing what is best and right for those we serve. EverSafe 360° will provide prospective residents the comfort of knowing that together with our management partner, Westminster is making safety and wellness a top priority.
How can I learn more about EverSafe 360°? What can I share with my family/friends?
To learn more about EverSafe 360°, please visit our website at EverSafe360.com. There you will find supporting materials for this exciting new LCS Signature Experience. You may also contact a Westminster Village representative directly to schedule your in-person or virtual appointment (812) 242-4600. D.smith@WestminsterVillageIN.com